Let’s break down the problem into steps to find the selling price of half a dozen lemons:
- Calculate the cost price per lemon.
- Calculate the selling price per lemon after a 10% loss.
- Calculate the selling price of half a dozen lemons.
- Calculate the cost price per lemon:
Cost_Price_Per_Dozen = Rs 20 Number_of_Lemons_Per_Dozen = 12
Cost_Price_Per_Lemon = Cost_Price_Per_Dozen / Number_of_Lemons_Per_Dozen Cost_Price_Per_Lemon = 20 / 12 Cost_Price_Per_Lemon = Rs 5/3
- Calculate the selling price per lemon after a 10% loss:
Loss_Percentage = 10% Loss_Amount_Per_Lemon = Cost_Price_Per_Lemon * Loss_Percentage Loss_Amount_Per_Lemon = (5/3) * (10/100) Loss_Amount_Per_Lemon = Rs 1/6
Selling_Price_Per_Lemon = Cost_Price_Per_Lemon – Loss_Amount_Per_Lemon Selling_Price_Per_Lemon = (5/3) – (1/6) Selling_Price_Per_Lemon = (10 – 1) / 6 Selling_Price_Per_Lemon = Rs 3/2
- Calculate the selling price of half a dozen lemons:
Number_of_Lemons_in_Half_Dozen = 6
Selling_Price_of_Half_Dozen = Selling_Price_Per_Lemon * Number_of_Lemons_in_Half_Dozen Selling_Price_of_Half_Dozen = (3/2) * 6 Selling_Price_of_Half_Dozen = Rs 9
So, the selling price of half a dozen lemons is Rs 9