Opportunity knocks for aspiring Assistant Divisional Fire Officers in Bihar
The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has announced 21 vacancies for the post of Assistant Divisional Fire Officer (ADFO). The application process commences today and concludes on May 31. Interested candidates can submit their applications on BPSC’s official website at onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for the ADFO position must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Science (BSc) or Fire Engineering from a recognized institute. Additionally, applicants should have at least 10 years of experience in the relevant field. The age criteria for candidates are a minimum of 40 years and a maximum of 55 years.
Application Fee Structure
The BPSC ADFO application fee varies based on the candidate’s category:
- General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates: ₹100
- Non-residents: ₹100
- Female candidates with Bihar domicile: ₹25
- Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates with Bihar domicile: ₹25
How to Apply for BPSC ADFO Recruitment 2023
Follow these steps to apply for the BPSC ADFO recruitment:
- Visit BPSC’s official website at onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in
- Click on “New Registration” on the portal’s homepage
- Register by providing the required personal details
- Fill in the BPSC ADFO online application form
- Pay the BPSC ADFO application fee
- Download the submitted BPSC ADFO application form and take a printout for future reference
Selection Process and Criteria
Candidates will be shortlisted based on their educational qualifications, work experience, and performance in the interview. The BPSC will evaluate candidates on a 100-mark scale:
- Educational qualification: 50 marks
- Work experience: 20 marks
- Interview: 30 marks
The Final Cut-Off
Once the examination process is complete, the BPSC will determine the cut-off for shortlisting candidates. Those who score equal to or above the cut-off marks will be considered while preparing the final merit list.
The Importance of ADFOs in Ensuring Public Safety
Assistant Divisional Fire Officers play a crucial role in maintaining public safety and preventing fire-related incidents. They are responsible for managing fire prevention and emergency response activities within their assigned divisions. With increasing urbanization and industrial growth, the demand for qualified and experienced ADFOs is on the rise.
A Competitive Landscape
Given the importance of the ADFO position, candidates can expect a competitive selection process. Aspiring ADFOs should seize this opportunity to contribute to public safety and gain a foothold in a rewarding career.