As the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 12th board exams continue, the Class 12 Accountancy exam for candidates in the Commerce stream is slated for tomorrow, March 31. With the exam starting at 10:30 am, students should ensure they are familiar with the exam-day guidelines and last-minute preparation tips to maximize their chances of success.
CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Sample Question Paper
The CBSE has provided a sample question paper for the Accountancy exam, revealing that the paper will consist of 34 questions carrying a total of 80 marks. The questions are divided into two sections – Part A and B. While Part – A is compulsory for all candidates, Part – B offers two options: (i) Analysis of Financial Statements and (ii) Computerised Accounting. Students must attempt only one of the given options.
Marking Scheme and Question Distribution
The marking scheme and distribution of questions are as follows:
|Question Numbers||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|1 to 16 and 27 to 30||1||20|
|17 to 20 and 31, 32||3||18|
|21, 22, 33||4||12|
|23 to 26, and 34||6||30|
The total marks sum up to 80. Although there is no overall choice, internal choices have been provided in several questions. This includes 7 questions of one mark, 2 questions of three marks, 1 question of four marks, and 2 questions of six marks.
Sample Question PaperAccountancy-SQP
Exam-Day Guidelines and Last-Minute Preparation Tips
To help students perform their best in the Class 12 Accountancy exam, here are some essential exam-day guidelines and last-minute preparation tips:
- Arrive early: Make sure to reach the examination center well before the reporting time to avoid any last-minute stress.
- Carry necessary documents: Don’t forget to bring your admit card, a valid ID proof, and other essential stationery items like pens, pencils, and erasers.
- Follow COVID-19 protocols: Adhere to the safety guidelines provided by the examination center, including wearing a mask, sanitizing your hands, and maintaining social distancing.
- Read the question paper carefully: Spend a few minutes going through the entire question paper to understand the marking scheme and plan your time accordingly.
- Prioritize questions: Start with the questions you are most confident about and then move on to the more challenging ones.
- Keep track of time: Allocate a specific amount of time for each section and question, ensuring you have enough time to review your answers before submitting the paper.
- Stay calm and focused: It’s crucial to maintain a relaxed and positive mindset throughout the exam. Take deep breaths and concentrate on the questions at hand.
- Use a structured approach: For questions that require a detailed answer or analysis, make sure to use a clear and structured approach. Break down the problem into smaller parts and present your solution in a logical and coherent manner.
- Double-check your calculations: In the Accountancy paper, accuracy is essential. Recheck your calculations and ensure you’ve correctly applied the accounting principles and formulas.
- Proofread and review: Before submitting your answer sheet, take some time to review your responses. Make sure you have answered all the questions, and check for any errors or omissions.
By following these exam-day guidelines and last-minute preparation tips, students can maximize their chances of success in the CBSE Class 12 Accountancy examination. Best of luck to all the candidates!