Features of 360-degree feedback are as follows:
- Typically measures specific behaviours and capabilities associated with job performance and success.
- Provides for a confidential process to obtain feedback from others who work closely with the individual, for example, one’s manager, peers, direct reports, etc.
- It focuses on observed behaviours that can be modified.
- Provides open-ended information to be used for developmental purposes in the form of a summary feedback report.
- Provides clarity about one’s strengths and insight into potential areas of improvement and development.
- Improves individual or team performance by continuously providing ongoing feedback when administered over time.