The objectives that are established by competency mapping are as follows:
- To discover the skills required to perform a specific job and to check the suitability of the employee for the proficiency required to perform the job.
- To establish certain benchmarks related to the job so that an appropriate candidate can be chosen for an appropriate position.
- To recognize the need for training and development of employees.
- To conduct job evaluations and then design incentive policies accordingly.
- To determine the key success factors of different tasks and jobs at the workplace.
- To assess the present performance of the employees and provide the appropriate training and development and compensation.
- To create progressive opportunities for the employees one after another in the organization.
- To select the most appropriate applicant for a position using the interview method.