The main objectives of service promotion are classified as:
1. General Objectives
- To distinguish the service offer and service provider from other competing firms.
- To develop awareness and recognition of the service product and service provider.
- To convey or proclaim the various utilities and advantages of the services available.
- To maintain the overall image and eminence of the service provider.
2. Objectives Targeted at Customers
- To expand the recognition level of a new or current service offered by the service organization.
- To persuade non-users to attend a demonstration of the service.
- To prompt non-users for the trial of a service.
- To urge present customers to continue using the services and not to stop using the service or shift to another brand offering a similar service.
- To augment advertising for the service and grab the attention of the target audience towards it.
3. Objectives Targeted at Intermediaries
- To encourage current intermediaries to pressurize more for the service including point-of-sale merchandising.
- To convince intermediaries to deliver a new or revised service.