Last opportunity for aspiring scholars to register for the National Eligibility Test (NET) 2023
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has announced that the application link for the UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) will be closing tomorrow, May 31, 2023. Coordinated by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the UGC, the NET is a crucial benchmark for determining the eligibility for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges.
UGC NET 2023: A Closer Look at the Timeline
The timeline set out by the UGC and the NTA for the NET 2023 examination offers a clear overview of the process, from registration to the release of the answer key.
Registration and Fee Payment
The UGC has indicated that the last date for registration is May 31, 2023, with the final hour for submission being 5 pm. During this application period, candidates are expected to submit their past academic qualifications. The last date for fee payment extends slightly beyond the registration period, with the deadline being 11:50 pm on June 1, 2023.
The NTA will provide candidates with a brief opportunity to correct errors in their application form. The link for correction will be open from June 2 to June 3, 2023. Please note that new registrations will not be accepted during this period.
Allotment and Admit Card Issuance
Following the closure of the correction window, the NTA will issue the UGC NET city allotment list and admit cards in the first and second week of June, respectively. The admit card will contain key information such as the examination centre, shift, and date.
Examination and Answer Key Release
The NET 2023 examination is scheduled to be held from June 13 to June 22, 2023. After the completion of the exam, the response key and recorded answer sheet will be published for the candidates’ perusal.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Application
For the convenience of the candidates, we’ve compiled a step-by-step guide to fill the application form.
- Visit the official website of UGC NET NTA at ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Click on “application for UGC NET June 2023”.
- Apply for online registration process using your mobile number or email address.
- Complete the form and note down the application number for future reference.
- Upload the required documents: a scanned passport size photo and the signature of the applicant. Ensure that the file size is between 10kb and 200kb.
- Pay the application fee using SBI/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC bank/ debit card/credit card/UPI.
- Save or take a screenshot of the payment receipt and the confirmation page of UGC NET application form for future reference.
With the closure of the application link looming, it is imperative for prospective candidates to ensure that they complete the application process promptly. This important step sets the foundation for their journey towards establishing themselves as scholars and educators in their chosen fields.