Potential typically represents latent qualities in an individual, which manifests in concrete terms while performing various tasks/jobs.
Some characteristics representing potential are:
- Ability to foresee future opportunities and assess the impact of any initiative/decision taken today.
- Has an institutionalized way of working to ensure continuity and consistency of approach.
- Ability to identify resource gaps by the use of basic intelligence/subject knowledge/analytical and quantitative skills and further find ways and means of overcoming these so as to ultimately create higher value.
- Personal quality to be level-headed and to respond in an effective and measured manner even under conditions of severe stress.
- Ability to function in varied environments with confidence and deliver high performance.
- Ability to see the larger picture as well as recognize the need to get into micro-details.
- To display a high degree of personal and intellectual integrity at all times.